New Support Case Process Coming
Updated Oct. 14, 2019SwipeClock will implement a new system for managing support cases and its knowledge base on the evening of Oct. 22nd. This will bring some changes in how partners submit cases to Tech Support. This article briefly explains those changes while providing a visual example of the new case submission form.
Support Center LinkSupport Center will continue to be visible to partners in TimeWorksPlus and TimeWorks.
For a brief period of time, this link will still take you to our old Knowledge Base, but starting on Oct. 22nd, at approximately 6:30pm MT:
- The ability to create new cases will be disabled and you will be directed to our new Support Center to create a case through a web form.
- Responding to active cases through the "My Cases" portal will be disabled.
- Cases will be managed out of our new system via email. On the morning of Oct. 23, tech support agents will quickly update all active cases in the system to re-establish case threading in our new system.
- We will provide temporary access to the My Cases portal for our partners, but only to view cases that were original to the old system.
What this change means for many of you is that:
- People in your organization without Accountant-level credentials can now submit cases to Tech Support.
- You should no longer have problems with article links taking you to the TimeWorksPlus login page. (This problem was a result of clicking a Support Center link when not logged into Support Center.)
- If you have bookmarked any specific articles from our knowledge base, you will eventually want to search them in the new knowledge base and update them.
New Knowledge Base DomainsThe web addresses for our knowledge base will be changing. Below is a list of the current links, the corresponding new links, and a short description of the content within:
|Old KB URL||New KB URL||Description|
|support.payrollservers.us||supportcenter.payrollservers.info||Partner and end-user content for all products excluding TimeWorks|
|twsupport.payrollservers.us||twsupport.payrollservers.info||Partner and user articles for our legacy timekeeping app, TimeWorks|
Viewing My CasesWith this change, we will no longer authenticate partners to access our Support Center. The My Cases feature, which allowed partners to view and respond to cases, will be discontinued. We will try to maintain access to the My Cases for a brief transitional period, but unfortunately, access will need to be terminated by early December.
We still encourage you to search for answers in our extensive knowledge base, but if you are unable to find an article that solves your issue, you will have a Contact Support button on any article detail page.
Contact Support FormYou can still submit a case through Support Center by clicking the Contact Support Button (example pictured below), which will take you to a new case form-fill.
The case form will now ask for three additional fields: your name, your email address and your company's name. Please, whenever possible, use an email associated with your company's domain. This will assist us in quickly identifying your account.
We would also like you to specify the site number of the affected client. This will be optional for now, but it does help agents address your issue more efficiently. To find out how to locate a client's site number, please see Finding Your Client's Site ID.
After filling out the form with a detailed description of your issue (including any examples with employee full names and dates), click the submit button and you'll see a confirmation page.
An agent will respond to you within 24 hours to the email you provided on the form.
Did you find this article helpful?