How do I know what IP address to use?Most networks have a shared, outgoing public IP that is used to access the internet. This is not the same as a computer's specific IP. Multiple computers on a network often share one outgoing IP.
The client's IT or Network Admin should be able to provide the outgoing IP used to access the internet.
By entering the IP address or addresses in the IP filter, TimeWorksPlus prevents an employee from using the WebClock on a device outside those designated IPs.
Can I restrict the WebClock to a specific computer?Only if that computer has its own dedicated IP address.
Will the IP Filter work on the Mobile App?No, the IP filter works only for the WebClock or Workforce Management Clock. Mobile phones often use different IP addresses depending on where they connect to the internet, so it is not possible to restrict mobile punches in the same manner.
Can my client control the IP Filter?If your client is using our Workforce Management Clock, yes, there is a toggle that allows for client control of the IP as well as other features of the clock.
Setting the IP FilterOnce you know the IP addresses on which the employee can use the WebClock, follow these steps to set them on the account.
- From the Accountant Menu of TimeWorksPlus, select the client from your Client List.
- In the left navigational menu, expand the Settings Menu and select Client Configuration.
- Choose the Account Configuration tab. If you are using Workforce Management Clock, select Clock Managment.
- Under the WebClock options section, turn on Restrict punches by IP by toggling the selector to green.
- After enabling, a field will appear where you can enter the IP address. If more than one IP address needs to be entered, click the "+" button to the right of the field.
Entries will be saved automatically provided a valid IP address is entered. If you need to remove an IP address, use either the "-" button or delete the address.
Changes to the IP may take a few minutes to take effect.
To Change or Remove IP Address from the FilterFollow steps 1 through 3 from above.
Use the "-" button to remove IP addresses or, if an IP address needs to be changed, just edit the value and the changes will be saved automatically.