- Go to the Accountant Menu
- Click on Client Configuration
- Go to the Mobile tab
- Click the check box to "Enable Pinpoint GPS location collection for mobile punches"
- To view the Pinpoint GPS information on the time card on the website, go to Time Card Options drop down list and select "Show Mobile App Details".
TimeWorks Mobile Pinpoint GPS captures the location of where an employee is when they clock IN/OUT. There are two views provided: 1) a map with pinpoints, and 2) the address with nearest location.
Before using the Pinpoint GPS feature you will need to accept the permissions to allow Pinpoint GPS to activate the location services on your mobile device.
- In the “Employee Setup” field “Add GPS to Mobile Punch (If Available)” will need to be set to “Yes” this will enable you to view Pinpoint GPS data on mobile punches.
- From the dashboard page on your mobile device tap on “View/Modify Time Cards.”
- Tap on an employee’s name to view the time card.
If the icon appears with a slash through it this means that Pinpoint GPS was unable to capture the location data, hence the location data is not available.
- Tap on the time punch to view the Pinpoint GPS coordinates.The map displays detailed information regarding the address, date, accuracy of location, and GPS coordinates. To view more of the map tap on the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons.
- To exit the Pinpoint GPS map tap on the (X) button located in the top right corner.
Note: You may also tap on the “Map” button located in the top right corner to access the Pinpoint GPS map.
GPS AccuracyPunches made through the mobile app WITH the GPS feature enabled will show (on the time card) under Time Card Options > Show Mobile Punch Details lists an "Accuracy" column with values of either HIGH, MEDIUM or LOW. This breaks down to the following values:
1. HIGH - Accurate within a 200 ft radius
2. MEDIUM - Accurate within a 1000 ft radius
3. LOW - Accurate within 5280 a ft (1 mile) radius
Please note, any information on accuracy we get is from the device reporting it when they make a punch and is not determined by the TimeWorks Mobile App.
Contributing factors in regards to accuracy could include the users device capabilities, settings and the condition of their service at the time the punch is made.
Viewing GPS Data on Time Cards and ReportsThere are two ways one can see GPS information for a punch on a time card:
- Through a red pin* that appears on the time card indicating that a GPS punch has been recorded. You can then hover the mouse cursor over the time to see the GPS information.
- Through a pop-up Google map on the time card. Choose Show Mobile Punch Details from the Time Card Options drop down at the top left of an individual employee's time card. This map is only available on the Employee Time Card View, not the Single Day Time Card View. There is also a print option available at the top right of the pop up window.