In order for this to happen:
- the manager needs to be designated as a supervisor in Login Maintenance
- the recipient's name must be entered in the requesting employee's Employee Setup Supervisor field
How Do Client Level Users Get an Email?Client level users can also receive an email, but only if the employee selects them by name when submitting the request. A client will also receive an email if the employee doesn't have a designated supervisor.
If you don't want the employee to be able to send a request to a client level user, remove their email from Login Maintenance.
Configuring Automated Time Off Request EmailsFollow these steps to ensure a supervisor receives the time off request email. An explanation of how multiple supervisors can receive the email for the same employee will follow.
- From the Maintenance Menu, select Login Maintenance and click the supervisor's login name. Verify the supervisor has a:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Enter the supervisor's first and last name to the Supervisor field in Employee Setup. Please note that this is CASE SENSITIVE.
How the System Matches a Request to a SupervisorFor a little further explanation on how this works, think of it this way:
- When an employee submits a time off request, the system checks the Supervisor field of that employee's Employee Setup.
- If there is a name in that field, it checks Login Maintenance to see if there is a client or supervisor with a matching first and last name.
- If there is an email attached to the matching supervisor, they will receive the email notifying them of the request.