- edits to the time card
- manual adjustments to accruals through the Adjust Accrual Balances tool
- changes to the time card through scripting
- changes to the time card through processing rule changes
- changes to the accruals through scripting
Only the Client Level and Accountant Level users have access to the Finalize Pay Periods tool. Supervisor's cannot Finalize.
Changes to Finalization Process - Spring 2018SwipeClock has begun automating the Time Card Finalization process to improve efficiency in the product. More information on that change can be found in the article titled Changes to the Finalization Process.
Finalizing Pay PeriodsFinalizing is either done by the Client Level user, or automatically by the system. If the client fails to finalize, any pay period older than two prior pay periods, will be finalized.
Accountant Level users can also finalize the pay periods on behalf of their client. Instructions on how to do so can be found in our end-user KB article titled How To: Finalize and Unfinalize Time Cards.
Accepting Pay PeriodsAccepting a pay period is done after a pay period is Finalized. It is how a SwipeClock Accountant Level user (a partner) can prevent their client from un-finalizing after payroll has been submitted. It is done on the same page as the Finalizing process. It will also be done automatically under the same conditions ans Auto Finalization.
Once a pay period has been completed (all punch data is deemed accurate) and the pay period has been finalized, follow these steps to manually Accept the pay period:
- Click the Maintenance Menu and select Finalize Pay Period.
Finalizing and Accepting is found under the Maintenance Menu
- Select the Accept tab. Any unaccepted pay periods will be listed with radio buttons to the left of the pay period dates.
Accountant Level users (SwipeClock partners) have access to the Accept tab on the Finalization page
- Choose a pay period with the radio buttons and click Accept.
NOTE: Accepting Multiple Pay PeriodsYou can accept more than one pay period at a time. For example, if both your prior pay period and pay period before that are unaccepting, accepting the prior pay period will also accept any pay periods preceding it.
To Unfinalize for your client, you can use the Unfinalize tab to re-open up to 2 years of prior time cards. Just be aware, this not only allows you to edit the time cards, but it also exposes the time cards to any rule changes that may have been instituted since they were originally finalized.
Unfinalized pay periods will be automatically finalized after 24 hours.
Follow these steps to unfinalize:
- Choose the Unfinalize tab from the Finalize Pay Period page and select a pay period.
The Unfinalization page
- Click Unfinalize and confirm the action on the resulting pop-up. The pay period(s) will remain unfinalized for 24 hours.
Because of the potential for data being changed, you will be asked to confirm that you want to unfinalize.