** IF YOU REQUIRE THE SSN FOR REPORTS OR AS PART OF YOUR EXPORT (DOWNLOAD ACTIVITY FILE) FOR PAYROLL DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE TO DISABLE THE SSN FIELD FROM THE EMPLOYEE SET UP.
The feature can be found under the Accountant Menu and includes the following:
Lists in a chart the following information (by column heading):
- Client Name - A complete listing of the Resellers clients.
- Code - The Client Tag.
- SSN Policy - The current SSN Policy. See below in the "SSN Policies" section for more details.
- Total EEs - The total number of Active Employees.
- EEs w/SSN - Total of Employees assigned to the client currently using the SSN field
- Pseudo SSN - Total of employees that are using the SSN field with something that looks fake to our system (for example SSN's using numeric's such as 000, 999, 0000, 1234, etc.)
- Partial SSN - Number of Employees with the SSN field filled with less then the 9 digits that make up a complete SSN.
- Empty SSN - Number of employees with blank or non numeric entries in the SSN fields in Employee Setup.
- Recent 9dPunches - Number of times any 9-digit identifier has been used on any clock within last 10 days (regardless of prefix, and even if it's not an SSN).
- Selected - Allows you to select on or more clients and change their SSN Policy settings. See below in the "Features" section for more details.
- SSN Policies: SSN Policies can be changed per client on this page to the following settings:
- Forbidden - Changing the policy to Forbidden makes the SSN box disappear off Employee Setup. It also allows API's to ignore (not save) any SSN's received. SSN's won't drop off immediately, however they will start to drop off whenever employee records are re saved. You could also use the "Remove SSN's - save to backup" button to purge them. It is strongly recommended you see below for more information on using the "Remove SSN's - save to backup" button before doing so.
- Unrestricted - This is the default setting we have where the SSN field is viewable/editable and active and is recognized by the API.
- Features: This page allows you to change the above SSN policies to "Forbidden" using the "Change policy of selected clients to Forbidden" button or to "Unrestricted" using the "Change policy of selected clients to Unrestricted" button.
You can also remove all SSN's at once using the "Remove SSN's - save to backup" button. They will be saved in a backup, which is a hidden field in Employee Setup.
In case this was done in error, you can restore the SSN's from that hidden field by selecting the "Undo remove SSN's - restore from backup" button.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU DO NOT UNDO THIS, THIS BACKUP WILL BE PERMANENTLY PURGED FROM OUR SYSTEM IN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE WHEN IT WAS REMOVED USING THE "Remove SSN's - save to backup" BUTTON.
The "Copy last 4 digits of 9 digit SSN into CardNumber3" button/option is meant for employees who might currently be using their full SSN to clock in.
Please note this can only be done if the client is set to Unrestricted and or before using the "Remove SSN's - save to backup" or it will have no effect and not process the request.