This method applies only to physical, wall mounted clocks. It will not work with the Web Clock or the Mobile App.
- If you are in TimeWorksPlus, begin by accessing the Account Configuration tab for the client. This is found in the Accountant Menu in Client Configuration. In TimeWorks, look for Miscellaneous Settings. Either option will be found under Settings for the currently selected client.
- Locate the Alternate Color option. Set that to any of the choices available in the dropdown. The actual color chosen doesn't make a difference unless you are actually using color coded swipe cards. For the purposes of this article, just remember which color you have chosen.
- If you are in TimeWorks, save the changes with the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Next you will need to alter your clock prompt so that it is tied to this color. Go to the Clock Prompts rule in the Processing Rules page and click on the clock prompt. If you have yet to setup a clock prompt and are unfamiliar with how to do that, see Setup Clock Prompts.
- In the Clock Prompt Color Restriction, set the color to match the color you chose in Miscellaneous Settings. Save the change.
The alternate IN is the 4 key.
The alternate OUT is the 5 key.
For employees that need to answer this prompt, they will need to be instructed to use those keys in place of the 1 or 2.